Friday, September 19, 2008

Beer Events; Urbana International Beer Tasting and Chili Cook Off

On Saturday, September 27, Jaytv.com is sponsoring the Downtown Urbana International Beer Tasting and Chili Cook Off.

It's scheduled to have more than 150 different beers.

Tickets are $5 in advance, you can get them online, at the Canopy Club, or by calling (800) 514-3849

The firt 500 people will receive a souvenir glass.

Unlike some other festivals, this one requires sampling tickets, which are 50 cents each, good for a 4 ounce sample.

There will also be a chili eating contest, a red hot chili pepper eating contest, and apparently seminars on different types of beer.

If you would like to volunteer, you can call Jannell Justice at (309) 208-3540 or email jannell@jaytv.com.

I may have to volunteer.

*edit* Do NOT order tickets online!!!

I ordered them and there was a $2.51 convenience fee per ticket. As I bought 2 tickets, I spent $1.02 more than if I got them the day of the event. If you did get tickets online, look for me and I'll buy you a sample on Saturday.

No comments: