Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Beer Update

Ola Dubh 30 and Three Floyds Behemoth are now available at Friar Tucks in Savoy (Champaign Urbana).

If you do a blog search for Harviestoun Ola Dubh 30, there's lots of hits on this beer. It's also an A on Beer Advocate and a 98% on RateBeer. I already had a bottle, but picked up another; and thought about buying all of them, but i was nice and didn't. They only had the 30, and not the 12 or 16.

The Three Floyds Behemoth is obviously new as it's got purple wax on the top instead of the familiar yellow. There were a couple of these bottles on display, all the previous yellows are gone. I have 2 bottles with the yellow wax getting old in my three floyds box. Behemoth is an A- on Beer Advocate and a 100% on ratebeer.

There were several other beers that were new-to-me at Friar Tucks today, but I only got those 2.

They still seem to have cases of this years Goose Island Bourbon County Stout; and Goose Island Imperial IPA.

No comments: