Thursday, July 17, 2008

Beer Events; Great Taste of the Midwest

Wilson is proud of his tickets. So I can be proud of mine too... can't I?

Or am I just copying him?

Either way, they are number 1031 and 1032.

Saturday August 9, from 1 to 6 p.m. The Great Taste of the Midwest. Brought to you by the Madison Homebrewers & Tasters Guild. You'll note it says "Tasting glass with unlimited samplings." So I gotta make sure I drink $35 worth of beer. Shouldn't be too tough. That's only $7 an hour.

On Ebay now, tickets are going from a low of $37, to a pair for $155. (A 4 pack is going for $255 or $63 a ticket).

Noah was nice enough to stand in line and get them for us. Apparently the standing in line for the tickets is almost as much fun as the event itself. So maybe next year, I'll go do that too.

In other news, Saturday is the Indiana Microbrewers Festival. Their event is from 3 until 7. It's $35 at the gate. Brewers represented from Indiana will be Barley Island, Mad Anthony, Mishawaka, Three Floyds, Warbird, and Upland (among others). Out of State Breweries expected include: Bells, Founders, Stone and Schlafly.

Also on Saturday (and Friday), Schlafly Tap Room will be hosting a Belgian beer festival. They'll be selling mussels and beer. They should have their Grand Cru; Witbier; Tripel; Biere de Garde; and casks of the Cru and Garde. It's from 5 to midnight; so can I go from Indy to St. Louis, in a day... for beer... yes I can (should I?)... hmmm, it's 243 miles, about 4 hours. So, (wait... there's an hour time change) I could in theory leave Indy at 7 (6 st. louis time) and arrive in STL at 10 for mussels at Schlafly. Conceivable, yes; practical, no.

No comments: