Urbana council to consider range of fee increases
URBANA – Fees for ambulance-service companies, liquor licenses, sewer taxes and rental inspections, among others, will likely increase next year.Obviously, the one we care about is liquor licenses.
Class R affects the restaurants, like Crane Alley. I believe the Corkscrew is a Class A. Picadilly would be a class C.
Among proposed fee adjustments in liquor license fees, Eldridge recommends:
– For a Class A license, which allows drink and package-liquor sales for consumption on or off premises, or a Class AA license, which permits hotel or motel sales of alcoholic drinks or packages on or off premises, the fee would go from $4,663 to $4,780.
– For Class B, which covers retail sales of only beer for consumption on or off premises, and Class BB, which covers sale of only beer and wine on or off premises, the fee would go from $2,507 to $2,570.
– For Class C, which allows for package-liquor sale for consumption off premises only, the fee would go from $4,548 to $4,662.
– For a GC license, which covers liquor sales at a golf course, the fee goes from $4,808 to $4,928.
– For Class R, which allows drink or package-liquor consumption on or off premises of restaurants, the fee goes from $3,462 to $3,549.