Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Your (ok, MY) Thursday Night Lineup

Thursday, March 12, at the Blind Pig, they will be having a Bells night.

On tap will be Hopslam, Best Brown, Amber, Kalamazoo Stout, and Two Hearted ale. So, that'll be from around 7 to 830. The Pig has a sampler platter of 5 beers, conveniently, there will be 5 Bells' on tap.

At 830, head around the corner to 7Saints for beer class. This will be the third week in a row that the class will be about Southern Tier beers. Granted the previous two weeks were canceled, last week, Eric had to pick up the bartending shift as someone called in; the week before it was canceled due to everyone who normally attends being either out of town or sick. So this week it's Southern Tier beers. Gemini will be offered along with several other of their beers. Last week, I brought in a bottle of series 2, in the Cuvee line. The week before, I brought in a bottle of the Back Burner Barleywine. I've still got a bottle of Oat, and of Krampus in my fridge that I'll bring along. (On Saturday at Trashmore's we drank my bottle of Chokolat, and of Jah-va). Cost is $10.

After beer school, it's time to head over to the Highdive. The Tossers are playing, they go on at 10:30.




I saw the tossers, back in ... um.. a couple of years ago, when they were the opening act for The Reverend Horton Heat. My brother, and my buddy Jay, and I sat out back drinking with members of the band, while the second act was on, and during most of the Reverend, as you could hear better outside, and there wasn't a huge crowd. They put on a good show. Tix are $12.

So it's a full night of drinking beer, followed by drinking beer, followed by good Irish folk, punk, rock-n-roll... oh with beer. (Granted HighDive doesn't have the best beer selection in town, but by the time you get there, you'll probably want to switch to water).

No comments: