Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Natural Gas Leak

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, if not... I'm lactose intolerant. (what an intro!!! can you see where this might be going?)

Last night trivia was canceled as there weren't enough people who wanted to play at hoots. We were there watching the cubs game so we would have been there anyway. Kriddy hadda grilled cheese with bacon, and I had their Southwestern Quesadilla which was pretty good.

Kriddy and I both started the night off with a Leinenkugel Summer Shandy, I later switched up to an AB BareKnuckle and kriddy stayed with the Shandy.

After we got done eating and talking to Jared and Kayla (current Miss Hooters Illinois) we headed to 7S to finish watching the Cubs.

Got there and managed to get a parking spot in front of the bar, when was the last time we got to park there, 6 months ago? Go in, Kriddy has a Dark Horse Black Bier; I went with a Woodchuck Amber. I couldn't remember the last time I had a cider. The amber was a lot sweeter and thicker than my "favorite" cider; Strongbow. (Although it seems Strongbow in the U.S. is made by Green Mountain Cidery in Middlebury Vermont; the same people who produce Woodchuck; both being a Bulmers product; so it's owned by Scottish and Newcastle; which was just recently purchased by Heineken International and Carlsberg... probably)

I was still feeling a little tired/sore/under the weather from Monday, so we went back to my place after finishing our drinks. It was around this point, that I apologized to kriddy for what I was going to be doing to her, all night long.

My stomach had started gurgling from the cheese in the quesadilla, and it was rumbling pretty good. It seemed everytime that I turned over in my sleep, I'd let out another batch of rancid cheese smelling nastiness. It was bad. After she got up and took a shower when she came down to say bye, and that she was on her way to work, she asked if I had taken a crap already in the downstairs bathroom, it apparently smelled pretty strong.

That was nothing compared to the odor that punched me square in the nose when I finally got out of bed.

Smell MOST VILE!!! It was horrid. My eyes almost started watering. My nose did plug up as a defense mechanism. My god (lower case g, don't take offense anyone) it was an evil smell. Through the haze, I climbed the stairs and voided myself of the quesadilla. That was an extremely foul smelling event too.

So, here's some advice, if you've made it this far.

Don't eat a quesadilla if you are lactose intolerant. If you do, don't combine lemonade beer, an Irish stout and a cider with it. If you do, don't complain about the smell.

Oh, there were a couple of beers that I left off the sampling from Memorial Day.

Moylans Imperial Stout
and brad and I each had some Sam Adams Utopias.

Damn, the Utopias gets better and better each time.

V

No comments: