Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Don't try this at home

Actually, it's probably better if you try it at home, rather than anywhere else.

Saturday, after doing some cleaning of the house for the party (see below, or above, or over there) I wanted a beer, so I grabbed a couple of beers, threw them into my beer bag and headed out to Crane Alley to watch the cubs.

I gave Kai a bottle of Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron and also a bottle of the Duck Rabbit Rabid Duck Russian Imperial Stout. He at first just thought I was showing them to him, but then he was overjoyed when I told him they were his. So he gave me some beer.

First I had a He'Brew Lenny's Bittersweet R.I.P.A. At some point I followed that up with an Avery Collaboration (draft). I know I also had a St. Bernardus Prior 8. I probably also had an Ommegang Hennepin saison. Knowing me, I probably also had a stout.

Beer has a lot of healthful properties. Unfortunately, there are some health risks of beer. The biggest risk, is probably from unsafe activities. Beer itself normally won't make you fat. It's the fact that you ordered the cheeseburger with extra fries that gets you fat. Beer has some really good properties. But, you (i) can become a moron when drinking.

Everyone gets lucky sometimes. I got lucky on Saturday. When you wake up and wonder how you got there, or only remember parts of the getting there, that's luck. I know I shouldn't do that, but I did. We all make bad decisions, I shouldn't have driven. It was dumb luck that I didn't get pulled over, didn't kill myself, and didn't kill anyone else.

So, friends, don't drink and drive. You'll probably get away with it most of the time, but do you really want to risk it? I regret doing it now.

I know that most of my stories are somewhat fun and very lighthearted, but this is "a very special blossom". So there you have it kids. Thankfully everything came out ok, but it's a learning experience. Great, a 37 year old is having learning experiences.

No comments: