Saturday, November 29, 2008

Turkey Day Beer Run to West Lakeview Liquors

I had corresponded with Kristina at West Lakeview Liquors on Wednesday, to find out if they'd be open on Thanksgiving, happily, she said they would be.

So after dropping Kriddy off at my sister's place in Lockport, Paddy, my brother-in-law Mike, and I headed north to West Lakeview. Here's the haul.

One six pack of Bells Expedition, the rest were individual bottles.
Southern Tier Oak Aged Cuvee Series 1
Mikkeller It's Alive
Lost Abbey Avant Garde
Lost Abbey Inferno
Lost Abbey Judgement Day
Lost Abbey Devotion Ale
3 Floyds Broo Doo '08
3 Floyds Alpha Klaus '08
Port Santa's Little Helper '08 (2 bottles, it's sooooo nummy)
Dogfish Head Immort
Samichlaus Helles '07
Haandbryggeriet Brewery Dubbel Dram
Nøgne Ø Winter.

Earlier in the week, Paddy and I went to Friar Tucks in Savoy, and I took quite a haul from there too.

4 pack of Founders Backwoods Bastard
4 pack of Konings Hoeven Quadrupel
4 pack of Mad River John Barleycorn
6 pack of Anchor Christmas and Happy New Year 2008
(the rest are individual bottles)
Mac Queen's Nessie
Mikkeller From/To 2008
Mikkeller To/From 2008
Mikkeller Santa's Little Helper '08
Mikkeller Santa's Little Helper '07
Hebrew Jewbelation 11
Hebrew Jewbelation 12
Sam Adams Chocolate Bock

I also pick up a mix a six from the back rack, of things I haven't had, but didn't write them down.

I almost picked up a 4 pack of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout on Thursday, but I'll just wait until it comes downstate to get it.

I think I'm stocked up on beers that should last me to New Years.

Several of the items I picked up are going straight into the cellar. The Expedition, most of the Barleycorn's, the Backwoods Bastard, Anchor xmas, and the Konings' Hoeven are for aging.

Port/Lost Abbey are now in Chicago, so I won't be needing anyone from California to be shipping me any. The next box for there will be heading out in the second week in December, and should be arriving just in time for the winter solstice.

In other news, Frank went to Bruisin Ales yesterday, and picked up some bottles of Struise Black Albert, and also got a bottle of the latest Terrapin Side Project Volume 3 Gamma Ray. He should be coming up shortly before Mithras birthday. We're going to shoot for a beer tasting gathering on December 19, so mark your calendars.

In other news, I'll start to prepare the time schedule for the New Year's Eve party at Josh and Audra's shortly. A new beer every 15 minutes is the goal. Last year we had 24 beers on the schedule, I don't think we're starting at 6, but I might be.

No comments: