Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New Glassware; Budweiser Glass

Josh, the manager of the Champaign Hooters showed off their newest glassware last night. (It's so new I can't find a picture of it on the innernets yet; heck there's no news on it; am I breaking it?). I'll take a picture of it later tonight. (alright, image is uploaded)

The newest glass is a Budweiser pint glass. It's very similar to the Sam Adams glass.

It's got a similar shape to the Sam Adams glass, just not as bulbous in the middle. The mouth also may not present as well. Like the Sam Adams glass, it is laser etched on the bottom that will release bubbles/carbonation so long as there's beer in the glass. The Budweiser glass however has the etching in the familiar bow tie logo.

The sides of the glass have raised lettering of Budweiser and the familiar bow tie.

All in all, it's a pretty cool glass.

It's too bad, it's made for filling with Budweiser.

If you want to read about the Sam Adams glass, check this out.

If you want to read a blog with a guy who tries most of his new beers in the Sam Adams glass, check out Fermentedly Challenged, with Chipper Dave.

Josh gave me a pair of the glasses, additionally, he went back into his older stock and gave me a pair of Hoegaarden glasses and a pair of the Bass glasses.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Just like the Sam Adams glasses, I drink just about everything but in my Sam Adams glass. I'll seek out these Bud glasses too just for the nice shape, but I doubt I'd ever drink a Bud from it. By the way, the New Belgium globe glasses are pretty nice too.

Virgil G said...

Here's a little piece of advice from me to anyone out there...

DON'T DRINK A BEER THAT MIGHT HAVE CHUNKS IN A GLASS WITH AN ETCHED BOTTOM!!!

Personalized Pint Glasses said...

Whether any person decides to mix various glassware types or selects matching sets for his purchase is completely a matter of individual taste and choice. There is no rule on it.