Monday, September 29, 2008

Beer Review; Nørrebro Bryghus Old Odense

After Josh, Audra, Steve, Ann, Kriddy and I finished up at the Urbana Beer and Chili thing, we went to Crane Alley for dinner. While there, Aaron offered up a bottle of Nørrebro Bryghus Old Odense Ale.

This one poured out orangish and hazy. It had a fizzy foam that didn't stick around. (The fizzy foam should have been a clue). It smelled citrusy, and vinegary. It was a sour tart smell. Later it started to smell a little of apple cider.

It felt thin, watery. There was a little fizz and it tingled at the back of my throat.

It tasted sour. There was a tart grape flavor in it; also vinegar, and maybe some tart apples.

It wasn't the beer for me, but as I drank it, it became more and more tolerable. It wasn't quite as tart as Cantillon Kriek, but it did put people off almost as much. (They thought I was continuing to tortue them). Ann seemed to enjoy it more, as she drank it. I wouldn't go out of my way for this beer, but with the right foods, it could be enjoyable.

No comments: